Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week Five

We’re five weeks in and I still love you every single day--- even the ones that you make me mad. I visited a friend and felt her stomach as her baby moved inside her today. It brought tears to my eyes and made me realize how much I want to feel that feeling. We’re not trying to have a kid. I know it’s not the right time in many ways. But I do like thinking about the possibility of one day having a kid with you---- a little Smith. Even though I have baby fever at the moment, I’m thoroughly enjoying my time with you while it’s just us. I know that there will come a time when we’ll wish for this time--- when between feedings and changings and the picking up of many colorful toys we’ll wish for a moment that we could have time for ourselves and sleep in. Right now though, I’m imagining our lives then. Every time I see you with a kid it makes me weak. You would be an amazing dad. I know it. I can feel it. There’s no one else on this earth that I know would be a better loving, protective, playful, awesome, father. One day it’ll be our turn to join that other side of adulthood like so many of our other friends have. For now, I’m happy to just be able to sit with you on our couch and watch countless episodes of our favorite shows on Netflix and curl up with you at night. I love being your wife every day. It always feels new and exciting and yet comfortable like this is just how it was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment