Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week Fourty-Four

We both had a few much needed days off this week. We had a date night at Copper River Grill. The food was amazing. You have now decided that it’s our new place. I fully agree. We spent some time with friends and also alone together. We needed both.


 We celebrated Thanksgiving--- twice! We first went to Tommy and Kathy’s on Thanksgiving Day to have dinner with our friends. I brought sweet potato casserole which was a huge hit…. because it tasted AMAZING. We then had Thanksgiving with your dad’s side of the family on Sunday. I made green bean casserole which was delicious.







 Let’s just get right to the point: your wife can cook! I feel like it’s a skill that a lot of people are unfortunately lacking. I am still baffled when anyone says that they “don’t know how to cook”. I’m sure my face always says, “Are you serious?!” But I digress.
We had a great time at Jill and Robert’s newly renovated house. I want their kitchen! One of these days my love, we will have a craftsman house!


The holidays especially make me miss my family in Illinois and Iowa. I feel such a need to be close to them and we just aren’t. Sometimes I wish that I would have gotten to stay up there so I could have grown up with everyone. But then I wouldn’t have met you… in fourth grade… and married you fifteen years later. I also wouldn’t have the amazing friends I have and the experiences I’ve had. In the end, I wouldn’t trade one for the other. I just wish that I could’ve gone back more growing up. You mentioned to me that we should try to go there for the holidays next year. I think it’s a great idea. You still have so many people on my Mom and Dad’s sides that you need to meet.

I think it’s also important to know that families aren’t always inherited. Sometimes they’re made. We’ve developed a pretty great family with our friends. Wherever we are and whoever we’re with for the holidays from now on, we know that we’ll be surrounded by love and laughter.

Even if it sounds sappy, I am incredibly thankful for you. I am thankful for you every day. It isn’t always easy. But it is always worth it. I’m thankful that I have someone to share all of the big things and small things and the craziness of everyday with.


Thing to remember from this week: Practice thankfulness every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment