Sunday, November 23, 2014

Week Forty-Three

This week we’ve been married for ten months. I can’t believe it’s almost been a year already! Something exciting happened in South Carolina. They finally passed marriage equality in our state! I’m so happy that all of our LGBT friends can now marry the person they love. I’ve been getting calls about officiating same-sex wedding ceremonies and I’m thrilled to finally be able to offer my services to those couples.

Earlier in the week Jessi and I went to the Power Up event hosted by Greenville Business Magazine. It was great to hear from business leaders in our area. One of them was your cousin! He gave a great speech. I love hearing inspiring stories from business owners in our area.

I’ve been thinking a lot about possible jobs after AmeriCorps. I plan to send my resume to places out of state. I think it’s about time for another adventure. You and I deserve a new adventure. We haven’t lived out of this state together yet. I think we should. I’d love to go to the Portland area or Washington state or Colorado. I want to go somewhere that I really feel I can make an impact and also where I can further my education and earn my master’s degree.

I want to see us in a place where we can really grow.


Things to remember for this week: Marriage equality is here in SC!

No comments:

Post a Comment