Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week Forty-One

We had a very low-key Halloween at Marielle and Corey’s. It was a lot of fun. Next year though, we’re doing Halloween up right! We have to wear costumes and carve pumpkins! We planned to carve some this year but it just never happened. I will never be too old to dress up and get excited about Halloween.

 I went to the Athena Women’s Leadership Symposium. It was pretty empowering to hear from one of the leaders in our community.

It was Election Day on Tuesday. I went out in a blue dress. I didn’t even realize until later how Democratic I looked… and rightfully so. I passed some classes that I was so behind in I thought I’d fail. I turned in all of my late assignments by the end-of-course deadline. I made an A in one class and a B in the other! That made me feel awesome.
I finished the first round of medication to help with fertility so we’ll see how that goes. Hopefully we’ll have a little Smith soon!


Driving down the road the other day it hit me again: we’re married. I’m married to the guy I met in fourth grade. I’m married to the guy that sat in front of me in my ninth grade math class--- the one that wrote a “book” back-and-forth with me about how the teacher’s assistant annoyed us. I’m married to the person I can have great conversations with, laugh the most with, and still makes me weak when we kiss.

I married the best guy for me.

Things to remember for this week: Obstacles can be overcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment