Friday, October 24, 2014

Wife Thirty-Nine

I seriously love this season. The air is crisp. Layers are in. Holidays are just around the corner. Fall is probably the season that makes me feel the happiest.
We went over to Tommy and Kathy’s for some fall festivities. We dressed up. You braided part of my hair before we went. I am so happy to have photographic evidence of this. We got to hang out with some of our best friends around a fire. We made s’mores… and Kathy couldn’t pronounce it to save her life which was hilarious. We played games and laughed a lot. It’s always nice to get a break from our busy schedules to just get to enjoy life.


I’ve had VITA training this week with AmeriCorps. I am excited to be able to offer free income tax assistance to people. I think that it’s an amazing thing that AmeriCorps members can do and it helps so many. However, I hate numbers so I was thrilled for this section of our training to be over… for now.

Right now I’m watching you make dinner. It’s like I’ve just seen a unicorn. I love it when you cook. It gives me a break, of course, but it’s also just incredibly sweet. Hopefully by the time you read this I’ll have convinced you to cook more often. A girl can dream, can’t she?

On a very random note: sometimes I feel like a creeper because I just watch you from across the room. I just caught you laughing at something funny you thought of in your head. At that exact moment you decided to tell me that you changed the words of the song “Bleeding Love” to “Keep eating. I pull it open (as you opened the sour cream) and I keep eating.” It was so funny.

I always wanted to marry the person that kept me laughing. I definitely followed through with my plan. I love every hilarious moment with you.


Things to remember: The day-to-day moments-- the ones that make you laugh, are some of the best moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment