Friday, October 10, 2014

Week Thirty-Seven

This week was packed with events I was helping with through AmeriCorps. Aside from my day-to-day duties, I helped with a job fair, attended meetings, and helped with the Upstate Stand Down for Homeless Veterans. I feel so blessed to be able to serve the community in so many different ways. I also feel exhausted! We’ve both been working and learning a lot. I am excited every day to develop more skills that can help me in the future both professionally and personally.

We found out that our close friends (names cannot yet be shared because they haven't told everyone) are going to have a baby and we’re so happy for them! I can’t wait for us to be an aunt/uncle to their awesome kid. I’m thrilled to be able to share in their joy and look forward to the day that we get to feel what they’re feeling.

For right now, it’s you, me, and the cats. Life is busy but it’s pretty sweet.


Things to remember from this week: Friends’ happiness is our happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment