Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Week Forty-Seven

This week I married another couple at a park here in Greenville. It was beautiful. It was the first same-sex wedding that I've officiated. When I saw their smiles that day I just couldn't believe anyone that would oppose them. They had such a loving, happy family. It was great to be a part of their day.

Every time I perform a wedding ceremony I am reminded of the love I have for you. I am so grateful every day to be in love. It's something that many people never experience and others lose too quickly.

Later in the week my site had their holiday party at the Commerce Club. It was quite swanky.



We were supposed to go to your side of the family's Christmas get-together but something treacherous happened instead. An evil stomach virus attacked my system and made me feel awful. You were sweet and brought me Ginger Ale and Powerade. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling 100% on the day of the gathering so we decided not to go. I was looking forward to it so much! I hated missing it. 

We've decided that we're going to try to go to Illinois/Iowa next year to visit my family. I miss them all so much more during the holidays. You still have so many people to meet. I want to go back up there and make new memories with all of them and you.

Thing to remember from this week: nothing feels better than being in love with your spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment