Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week Thirty-Four

This week has been one of those weeks where we’re getting ready for awesome things to happen. This coming weekend Kiira and I will be heading down to Atlanta for the Maiedae Mixer. Kiira and I have both been getting ready for the golden theme. We’re super excited! My Mom and Greg’s wedding is also this weekend and we’re looking forward to that.

During a random conversation that we had you decided to tell me what you would wish for if a genie gave you three wishes. They are as follows: 1. To never get hit in the balls again  2. To have an unlimited supply of cereal & milk--- specifically Honeycomb 3. You would wish the genie free. I told you that your wishes were ridiculous and that you cannot be trusted with wishes of any kind if given the chance. I laughed so hard I cried during this conversation.

We hung out with a few of my fellow AmeriCorps members which was awesome. It was great to hang out with them since we really only see each other once a month for our leadership development days.

AmeriCorps members all swore-in on September 12th. We watched a live broadcast with President Obama and former President Clinton. I felt incredibly proud to be taking the pledge that day. I’m proud of the work that we do and the people we serve.
I’m so glad that you’re the person that I get to share all of my goals, dreams, and everyday stories with.


Things to remember for this week: You should not be the wisher of wishes for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment