Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week Twenty-Nine

We got to hang out with Kiira and Jason earlier this week. It was great being around other newlyweds. You could feel the love in the room. We had fondue night! The cheese fondue was out of this world. The chocolate fondue was good, too. Fruit dipped in chocolate is still good for you because it’s fruit…. right? Right! That’s how Kiira and I looked at it anyway. Fondue night will hopefully become a tradition. It’s so awesome having them in our lives.




I started serving with AmeriCorps on Monday! A few of us were originally going to start the Saturday before to help with a community event but it was canceled (rain :/). Orientation has been great so far. I keep finding out about more and more things that just make it all even more worth it. One of those things is that some colleges will actually match the education award that we get after our year of service. Two colleges that I’ve wanted to go to for years are on that list! After I wrap up my bachelor’s I just may take advantage of the match program at one of these schools for my master’s.

This year with AmeriCorps will probably challenge me and help me grow so much personally and professionally. I’m so glad to finally be on this journey.



Things to remember: I am an AmeriCorps member and I will get things done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment