Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week Thirty-One

We celebrated Tommy’s birthday at his house with game night. We played “Minute to Win It” games. It was SO much fun! The funny thing was that a few weeks before that you and I were talking about how we needed to do a “Minute to Win It” game night. Great minds think alike. We’ve all decided that we have to do game nights like that more often.

 My two weeks of AmeriCorps orientation at the United Way has wrapped up and I’m finishing my first week at my site (Urban League of the Upstate). It feels amazing being back in the nonprofit community. I’ve been doing a lot of networking. There are so many awesome organizations out there that do so many things to help people. There are so many people that aren’t taking advantage of different programs, etc. because they simply don’t know about them. I’m working on educating myself with everything available so that I can educate others.


Things to remember: Knowledge is power!

1 comment: