Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week Thirty

I am so thankful to have you as my husband. You support me in everything I do and support me even more by doing things beside me. I signed us up for volunteering events for both Saturday and Sunday (after our five-day work-week). The first thing we did was help with School Tools. We handed out over 3,000 backpacks with supplies for children in need. 

The next day we helped with the take-down of Greenville Literacy Association’s annual book sale. This was the third year that I’ve been a team leader for the event. I’m pretty sure that we set a new record for how quickly we finished. That event is special to me because I interned at Greenville Literacy and first fell in love with the nonprofit field there. 

This year was special because last year’s take-down was the first time that we volunteered together. It was then that I first really saw your work ethic, your giving spirit, and your sweet interactions with strangers. I fell deeper in love with you then. I think I fall more in love with you each time that I get to see you giving back to the community. It is one of the times that I think you are your best self.


Things to remember: "I can assure you, public service is a stimulating, proud and lively enterprise. It is not just a way of life; it is a way to live fully." -Lee H. Hamilton

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for your comment on my recent blog post about plus size clothing! I just wanted to let you know that I looked up a few gold dresses for you and posted them in the comments, in case you didn't see it. :-) I hope you can find something fabulous to wear to the golden-themed event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I will definitely check them out! :)

      Delete